2 1/2 Cups flour
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 Cup sugar
2 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 Eggs, room temperature
1 1/4 Cup milk, room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 Teaspoon cocoa powder
Rose/pink food coloring
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- First, combine flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and whisk until well mixed.
3. Then in a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and continue to beat until fully combined.
4. Next add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating them with the milk, and continue to beat until fully combined. The mixture should be fairly thick. Next, add the cocoa powder and beat until the mixture turns a tan color.
Then, add the food coloring and beat until pink!
5. Then add the batter to the cupcake cups. I find it easiest to use an ice cream scoop to get an even amount into each cup. Bake the tin for about 20 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Pick your favorite frosting or make your own butter cream by beating 1 1/2 sticks butter with 3 cups powder sugar, 1/4 cup milk, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. For these I replaced the vanilla extract with raspberry flavor to go with the chocolatiness of the cake.
And voila! Pink velvet cupcakes ready for the end of summer! Enjoy 🙂